Treble cross stitch (TrX) or K-stitch (K) is one of my favorites crochet stitch. If you want to make a fast project with simple but unique stitch, you can work with treble cross stitch. This stitch is suitable for beanie, shawl, vest, totebag, etc.
In this post I explained how to treble cross stitch with step by step pictures. I also give the formula to count the base chain for a project.
Read this too: How to make extended half double crochet (ehdc)
ch = chain
tr = treble
TrX = treble cross
How to Count Base Chain
TrX is multiple of 4 sts and we need 5 chains for right pole and 1 chain for left pole (work in row).
The base chain formula: (n*4) + 6
n is number of Trxs.
If we will make 9 Trxs in total we count: (9*4) + 6 = 42.
We need 42 chains.
The formula if work the stitch in round: (n*4) + 5.
How to Treble Cross Stitch (TrX)
- Make 42 ch,
- Yo twice,
- Skip 5 ch, insert hook in next st, yo and pull up a loop (4 loops on hook),
- Yo, draw through 2 loops (3 loops on hook),
- Skip 2 sts, yo, insert hook in next st, yo and pull up a loop (5 loops on hook),
- [Yo, draw through 2 loops] 4 times (1 loop on hook), ch 2
- Yo, insert hook halfway down st just made in space where lower legs join, yo and pull up a loop, [yo, draw through 2 loops] twice. 1 TrX is finished, work 8 more TrXs.
- After 9 TrX is finished, work tr in last st: yo twice, insert hook in last st, yo and pull up a loop (4 loops on hook), [yo, draw through 2 loops] 3 times. First row of TrXs is finished.
- To work next row, make 4 ch, turn, work TrX in next st. We just need 4 chain as a pole to start new row. Continue to work 2nd row.
If you made this project and would like to share photos, I’d absolutely love to see! Here are links for sharing your finished creation. Or, feel free to share in the comment below!